Freedom is what camping is all about. Freedom to escape the everyday; freedom to explore places less-travelled; and freedom to disconnect from the things that stress us out. Hybrid caravans let you stay off the grid for as long as you want, in comfort.
Built with the versatility and off-road ability of a camper trailer and the comforts of a caravan, the Blue Tongue Hybrid Caravan XH13 represents complete freedom. It’ll go anywhere, keep you comfortable while you’re there, and bring you right back out again.
The Blue Tongue XH13 combines commonsense design, practical features and top quality components. The XH13 doesn’t do flashy for the sake of flashy, but works within the limits of a 13-foot long hybrid caravan living space making the most of every inch. It has everything you need to camp self-sufficiently and fully-contained for as long as you want.
The kitchen has a tall, deep pantry, generous cupboards and aSmev stainless steel three-burner stove. The sink is plumbed with hot and cold water, and there’s LED lighting designed to eliminate any shadows around the cooking area. There is a generous fridge slide, at nearly a meter long and more than half-a-metre wide, it fits the latest 95-litre Dometic CFX95 dual-zone fridge. There is everything you need and plenty of storage space to eat well, wherever you choose to camp.
Because the kitchen is ‘outside’ the XH13 hybrid caravan encourages outdoor living, rather than hiding away inside. The roll-out awning is really easy to use and goes up or down in an instant. If you need to extend your living space, a full set of canvas walls are included and slip into place easily along sail-track runners around the van. There’s even enough light under the awning to read past sunset, and there’s no need to go inside to grab another drink while sitting around the fire.
Whether you’re travelling as a couple or family, the storage is comprehensive throughout the XH13 hybrid caravan with plenty of draws and cupboard space. Everything has a place and keeping organised is easy.
The Blue Tongue hybrid is fitted with three 100Ah gel batteries supplemented by a 200-watt slimline, lightweight solar panel on the roof. All the lights are energy-efficient LEDs, and you’ll find a generator slide at the front of the van if you want the flexibility to power anything. Even without a generator, the 2000-watt, 240-volt inverter will run a coffee machine each morning, so this isn’t a caravan you ‘rough it’ in.
The XH13 Hybrid Caravan is destined to go to rough places. For all the comfort and convenience of the XH13, it is a dedicated off-road caravan ready for anything. It is built on a heavy-duty, galvanised steel chassis with off-road, independent coil spring suspension and dual shock absorbers each side. Plus, it is fitted with 275/75 R16 mud terrain tyres, with two spares on the back. With a strong, lightweight aluminium body-frame, floor and wall panels, the XH13 weighs no more than a standard steel-bodied camper trailer. It is light enough to take anywhere. With an ample payload capacity, you can be confident in packing everything you need to camp for a long time and a good time.
The Blue Tongue XH13 is a clever, strong and capable off-road hybrid caravan. With the XH13 in tow, you will have the means to travel anywhere in Australia and make the most of the best remote campsites. You’ll be able to camp self-contained and self-sufficiently, confident that you’ve got everything you need to be comfortable, relaxed and well equipped, wherever you end up. That’s freedom.
- Travel dimensions 5800 L x 2365 H x 2040 W
- Setup dimensions 6500 L x 2750 H x 2040 W
- Body length 3900mm
- TARE weight 2080 kg
- ATM 2700 kg
- ALKO 3500kg off-road coupling
- Coil spring independent suspension
- Heavy-duty off-road dual shock absorbers
- Heavy-duty off-road chassis
- Hot-dipped galvanised chassis
- Aluminium body frame and panels
- 4 x drop-down stabiliser legs
- Heavy-duty dual-wheel jockey wheel
- Windows with mesh blinds/block-out screens
- Loads of internal and external storage
- Holders for 2x jerrycans and 2x 4kg gas bottles
- Generator storage
- 2x rear mounted spare wheels
- Roll out awning with enclosed walls and floor
- 150L water tank
- 130L grey water tank
- Internal and external sink
- Tap on draw bar
- 970x670w shower toilet room
- Thetford toilet
- Internal exhaust fan to internal shower
- External shower with tent
- 200W roof-mounted monocrystalline cell solar panel
- 240V power inlet and 240V charger
- 240V power outlets
- 2000W inverter
- 3x 12V gel 100Ah deep cycle batteries
- 3x strips of built-in LED lights
- USB outlets
- Multiple external lights
- Adjustable height, rotatable table
- Cushioned upholstered dining area
- Stainless steel kitchen with electric pumped hot and cold water with 3-burner Smev cooktop
- Kitchen lighting
- Cutlery drawer
- Fridge compartment 975Lx 555Wx 650H
- Queen bed 2050Lx 1700W
- Single bunk – 1800L x 650W
Heating and air conditioning
- Reverse cycle under-bunk air conditioning
- Truma Ultrarapid 240V and gas hot water system
- DVD Stereo system with Bluetooth/USB/AUX/iPhone connectivity
- 24” LCD HD TV
- Digital TV antenna