NEW 2024 MODEL NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER
What’s the key to the XH15 Hybrid?
Our common-sense design, practical features, and top-quality components are hallmarks of the XH15. It isn’t an off-road camper that does flashy for the sake of flashy, but a self-contained adventure-vehicle that has had every inch of its compact, go-anywhere design meticulously planned. The XH15 has an electronically operated pop-top roof, a fold-out bed extension, and everything you need to camp self-sufficiently and fully contained for as long as you want.
Inside the XH15’s lightweight, compact body is a comfortable living area that’s fitted with everything you need in a lightweight package. The extra length of the XH15 over the smaller-bodied XH13 off-road hybrid caravan adds storage options, an internal sink, and more room to relax at camp. If you’re camping with kids, consider the triple-bunk, XH16 off-road hybrid caravan, or talk to us about our inflatable room extensions.
Convenience and outdoor living
A highlight of the XH15 is its all-weather kitchen that you can use anywhere, anytime. Set into the passenger side, outside wall, the kitchen is always ready. It doesn’t need to be set up, slid out, unfolded or assembled. It’s just there, waiting. If you need to make a quick stop while barrelling west along the blacktop, you can simply lift the door and make a coffee. If it’s raining, no problem – the top-hinged door provides instant shelter. If your boots are deep in thick red dirt and you find an oasis for lunch, there’s nothing more relaxing than knocking a meal together under the shade of a boab, pandanus or melaleuca (actually, the type of tree doesn’t matter), and you won’t need to track muddy boots inside.
The kitchen has everything you need to eat well on the road. There’s a tall, deep pantry, generous overhead cupboards, and an inbuilt Dometic stainless steel three-burner stove. Plus, two more large drawers under the kitchen slide on stainless runners are accessible even when the kitchen is closed. The sink is plumbed with hot and cold water, and the cooking area has LED lighting designed to eliminate any shadows. The caravan fridge slide is located forward of the kitchen. It is almost a metre long and a half-metre wide and easily fits the latest 95L Dometic or myCOOLMAN fridges.
The XH15 has everything you need and more than enough storage to eat well wherever you end up camping. The outdoor kitchen encourages outdoor living rather than hiding away inside after the sun goes down. The roll-out awning is simple to use and goes in or out in an instant.
If you need to extend your living space, a complete set of canvas walls is included. The walls slip easily into place along sail-track runners. Plus, there is enough light under the awning to read well past sunset, and there’s no need to go inside to grab another drink when you’re sitting around the fire.
Whether you’re travelling as a couple or a family, there is a place for everything, making it easy to keep organised. Storage is comprehensive throughout, including 11 large drawers and two full-height cupboards surrounding the master bed, two large drawers beneath the internal sink, and more compartments under the bed base.
Key to the XH15’s versatility is the fold-out queen bed extension on the driver’s side, which doesn’t waste any space. It offers full access to both sides of the bed and more space for other modern conveniences. With an innerspring mattress standard, there’s no compromise on comfort.
It’s flexible enough for the family, too. The dinette converts quickly and easily into a lower bunk, with another above that seamlessly folds out of the way when it’s not needed. No kids? No worries, the top bunk is an ideal luggage shelf, and the dinette is always set.
As more and more campsites call for self-contained camping to protect Australia’s fragile ecosystems, the XH15 meets those needs. It’s got a fully enclosed ensuite with Thetford cassette toilets and a 130-litre grey water tank, so you’ll never leave a trace. With a Truma gas and electric hot water system and a 200-litre fresh water tank, you’ll camp in complete comfort.
You’ll never have to move from a campsite due to lack of power. The Blue Tongue XH15 has three Renogy 100Ah LiFePO4 batteries supplemented by 400-watt slimline, lightweight roof-mounted solar panels and a 2000-watt inverter. All the lights are energy-efficient LEDs, and with enough power to run many modern espresso machines, proper coffee at camp is no longer a pipedream. Partnered with sophisticated Renogy lithium Energy management systems and chargers, there’s no limit to what you can do. There’s even a generator slide at the front of the van if you need the flexibility to power anything, anytime.
The XH15 has now been upgraded with LiFePO4 batteries to enhance innovative solar electrical systems. If you have an off-grid power need, the XH15 is built to your needs.
Rough places are where this hybrid caravan is destined to go. For all the comfort and convenience, this is a dedicated off-road caravan ready for anything. It’s built on a heavy-duty, galvanised steel chassis with off-road, independent coil spring suspension and dual shock absorbers on each side. Both come fitted with 275/75 R16 mud terrain tyres with two spares on the back.
Thanks to the strong and lightweight aluminium body frame and floor and wall panels, the whole van weighs no more than a standard steel-bodied camper trailer. This hybrid is light enough to take anywhere. And, with 600kg of payload capacity, you can be confident in packing everything you need to camp for a long time and a good time.
The Blue Tongue XH15 is a clever, strong and capable off-road caravan, any way you look at it. With an XH15 in tow, you can travel anywhere in Australia, making the most of the best campsites in the most remote areas. You’ll be able to camp self-contained and self-sufficiently for as long as you like, confident you’ve got everything you need to be comfortable, relaxed and well-equipped. That’s freedom.
- Body size 4780 x 2040W x 2140H (Closed) 2750H (Open)
- Overall size 6450Lx 2220Wx 2365H
- TARE weight 2100 kg
- ATM 2700 kg
- ALKO 3500kg off-road coupling
- Coil spring independent suspension
- Heavy-duty off-road dual shock absorbers
- Heavy-duty off-road chassis
- Hot-dipped galvanised chassis
- Aluminium body frame and panels
- 4 x drop-down stabiliser legs
- Heavy-duty dual-wheel jockey wheel
- Windows with mesh blinds/block-out screens
- Loads of internal and external storage
- Holders for 2x jerrycans and 2x 4kg gas bottles
- Slide out generator storage 710Lx 490Wx 660H
- 2x rear mounted spare wheels
- Roll out awning with enclosed walls and floor
- Electric pop top roof
- 150L water tank
- 130L grey water tank
- Internal and external sink
- Tap on draw bar
- 1100x650w shower toilet room
- Thetford toilet
- Internal exhaust fan to internal shower
- External shower with tent
- 360W roof-mounted monocrystalline cell solar panel
- 240V power inlet and a quality Victron 240V charger
- Renogy One Energy Monitor with smart leveling find out more
- 2000W Renogy Pure Sine Wave inverter
- 3x 12V Renogy LiFePO4 Lithium 100Ah IP67 rated batteries with Bluetooth
- 50A Renogy DC-DC (charge from Car)/ MPPT Solar Controller
- 240V power outlets
- 3x strips of built-in LED lights
- USB outlets
- Adjustable height, rotatable table
- Cushioned upholstered dining area
- Undercover outdoor built-in kitchen with 3-burner Smev cooktop
- Stainless steel kitchen sink with electric pumped hot and cold water
- Kitchen lighting
- Cutlery drawer
- Fridge compartment 975Lx 555Wx 650H
- Main – queen bed
- Single bunks x2 – 1800 x 650mm and converted lounge 1600 x 800mm
Heating and air conditioning
- Reverse cycle under-bunk air conditioning
- Truma Ultrarapid 240V and gas hot water system
- DVD stereo system with bluetooth/USB/AUX/iPhone connectivity
- 24” LCD HD TV
- Digital TV antenna
- Roll out awning included
- Walls, floor and side skirt included
- Basic annex flat canvas extension of annex with poles included
- Optional inflatable annex extension available
- Optional inflatable kid’s room available
Check out a review by Brendan Batty click here